Thursday, April 2, 2009

Stocks for the week of 30 Mar

Here are the stocks that are passing at least three of my five filters for the week of Mar 30.

SymbolTop RankedZacks PEG SuppDem VLIBD Stock checkup
APOL 11 199
HMSY111  99
PNRA 11 199
CPSI 11 198
COCO 11 196
RMD 11 194
HOTT 11 193
APSG 11 191
BCR 11 190
MANT 11 189


There are no new stocks on the core list.

Core list (with n of 10 weeks passing):

SymbolPassing weeks Earnings
BCR10 
COCO10 
CAI8 
CELG8 
CPSI8 
APOL7 
PNRA7Earn 28-Apr
RMD7 
MANT6 
AIR5 
ESI5Earn 23-Apr

moving down this week
moving up this week
new this week

The S&P 500 is again in a cautious Yellow Light mode according to the 1-2-3 model. The Inflation Model has crept up to a positive one star, indicating that a small amount of inflation is present.

I started working at Apogee this Monday and spent Wednesday working on the solar job and Thursday working on the currency trading job. I'm feeling like there's a lot on my plate, but I'm really enjoying this kind of analysis. I never thought of myself as a business kinda guy, but my jobs are saying otherwise.

The markets have had some wild gyrations, mostly to the upside. I do not think that the markets have reached a point of capitulation yet. The possibility of having the banks nationalized ("for our own safety and protection") and the reality of having a private-sector CEO being asked to resign by the White House is quite enough thrills and chills for this week.

Have fun trading this week.

No comments: