Monday, April 13, 2009

Stocks for April 13, 2009

Here are the stocks that are passing at least three of my five filters for the week of April 13.

SymbolTop RankedZacks PEG SuppDem VLIBD Stock checkup
PNRA 11 199
HMSY111  98
TNDM111  98
STRA 11 188


ESI has fallen off the core list. STRA (Strayer University) provides undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business administration, accounting, information technology, and education.

Core list (with n of 10 weeks passing):

SymbolPassing weeks Earnings
BCR9 
COCO9 
CPSI9 
PNRA9Earn 28-Apr
CAI8Earn 29-Apr
RMD8 
CELG7 
APOL7 
MANT5Earn 29-Apr
STRA5Earn 30-Apr

moving down this week
moving up this week
new this week

The S&P 500 is again in a cautious Yellow Light mode according to the 1-2-3 model. The Inflation Model is again neutral at zero stars.

The NC Sustainable Energy Association is having a conference this week in Raleigh. I might be able to stick around for the networking mixer on Tuesday night. If nothing else, maybe I can figure out what other people are doing with solar.

I finally threw in my lot and sold some bearish June call spreads. Several indices are at the top of their Bollinger Bands, so it just seems reasonable. I suppose the market might continue to go up, but that seems less likely than a gentle or steep fall. If I get the latter, I will sell some bullish put spreads to turn this into an iron condor.

Have fun trading this week.

No comments: