Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stocks for April 27, 2009

Here are the stocks that are passing at least three of my five filters for the week of April 27.

SymbolTop RankedZacks PEG SuppDem VLIBD Stock checkup
MYGN111 193
ARO 11 199
PNRA 11 199
TNDM111  99
ALGT111  95
HMSY111  95


There are no new stocks for the core list.

Core list (with n of 10 weeks passing):

SymbolPassing weeks Earnings
PNRA10Earn 28-Apr
COCO8Earn 30-Apr
BCR7 
CPSI7Earn 23-Apr
RMD7Earn 7-May
APOL6 
CAI6Earn 29-Apr
HMSY6Earn 1-May
CELG5Earn 30-Apr
STRA5Earn 30-Apr

moving down this week
moving up this week
new this week

The S&P 500 is again in a cautious Yellow Light mode according to the 1-2-3 model. The Inflation Model has jumped to three stars ("inflation danger"), but I am not too worried about this, yet. The XLB had a drop six months ago, for one week, and it may be distorting the numbers a bit.

I got a call from Fidelity... they are taking away my skate key and saying that I need $20,000 when I do any spreads. I argued (cogently and patiently) that these spreads, being covered, have a limited amount that they can lose. Anyway, I liquidated the older spread at the open on Tuesday, and will liquidate the other spread Wednesday morning.

The S&P has oscillated, somewhat violently at times, around 850. While I would make more money if it fell sharply two or three days in a row, I am still intrigued in how they bring in money. The factors that are causing the spreads to fall in value (which I like) are time decay and a lessening of volatility.

Have a good week trading.

No comments: