Here are the weekly stocks the passed three or more of my five filters. RIMM alone has passed all five.
|Symbol||Top Ranked||Zacks||PEG||SuppDem||VL||IBD Stock checkup|
This week, I welcome the following two stocks to the core list:
FLIR and MUR are off the core list.Core list (with n of 10 weeks passing):
|moving down this week|
|moving up this week|
|new this week|
They promise the blessings of the Garden of Eden, but they plan to transform the world into a gigantic post office. Ludwig von Mises, describing Socialism. (He could just as easily be describing politicians today.)
I had lunch with Henry last week. It is wonderful to catch up with old friends.
I have been reviewing all of my trading from last year, now that the necessary evil of taxes is behind me. I haven't come to a lot of conclusions, but here are some observations.
- I made more on individual plays (directional bets) than I did in following the advice of newsletters.
- I made a lot of steady income from selling naked puts, having the stock put to me, and selling covered calls.
- My biggest losses came from following newsletter recommendations while not imposing my own rules on top of them. The greatest damage came from:
- Not taking a pre-defined loss (say 8% or 2 times the Average Trading Range (ATR)).
- Not entering at a lower Bollinger Band.
- Not waiting for the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) to bottom out and start ticking back up
Have fun trading this week.