Monday, March 9, 2009

Stocks for March 9, 2009

Here are the stocks that are passing at least three of my five filters for the week of Mar 9.

SymbolTop RankedZacks PEG SuppDem VLIBD Stock checkup
APOL 11 199
STRA 11 199
RMD 11 198
PNRA 11 198
CPSI 11 198
COCO 11 197
CELG 11 195
ORCL 11 195
CAI 11 195
BCR 11 193
APSG 11 192


CPSI is new to the list. Computer Programs and Systems, Inc.— can you think of a more generic name than that? It is a healthcare IT company.

Core list (with n of 10 weeks passing):

SymbolPassing weeks Earnings
BCR10 
COCO10 
CAI9 
CELG8 
MANT7 
AIR5 
APOL5 
ESI5 
CPSI5 

moving down this week
moving up this week
new this week

The S&P 500 is again in a cautious Yellow Light mode according to the 1-2-3 model. I am having some trouble reconciling two different pages on the Barrons website. I have been using http://online.barrons.com/mdc/public/page/9_3021-peyield.html for the S&P P/E yield. However, there is another site, http://online.barrons.com/public/page/9_0210-indexespeyields.html, which has wildly different numbers. For example, last week, the former said the S&P 500 P/E was 13.66, while the latter says 23.77. This is a very large discrepancy. The Inflation Model is unmoved at dead neutral, with zero inflation stars.

Ab Initio has decided not to interview me further, so no trips up to chilly Boston. The job with TIAA-CREF is on hold until later this week.

I read a paper called Terry's Tips that my friend Bill lent to me. It was all about short condors, diagonal spreads using leaps, and using theta to make some money every month. I will have to think about this a little, but it seems to be a good way to trade options if you have a better-than-average prediction for where the underlying will be at expiration. I will have some more information after I grill Bill.

Have fun trading this week.

No comments: